Our shop floor is organized into cells, which increases control and productivity. To become the best Medical Manufacturer in the country, we heavily invest in automation, increasing our capacity and decreasing costs. This leads to short lead times and better pricing.
Our Departments | The Axial Difference
Milling is Axial’s largest
department and now contains
over 18 5-axis CNC mills and
mill-turns. We depend on all
5 of those axes to produce our
customers most intricate anatomic
trauma plates and Standalone Spacers.
At Axial, we challenge the classic expectations of Swiss style machining. Constant innovation has allowed us to
excel in the production of Cannulated Screws, MIS systems and other implants seen as “impossible” to manufacture with swiss-style machining.
In the industry, we are known for our
mastery of expandable implant production.
For these implants to function properly,
tolerances must be held extremely tight;
this means wire EDMs are a must! We have
4 FANUC wire EDMs, all capable of holding
Our PEEK cell is fully enclosed
and dedicated to 100% PEEK
production. We utilize high
yield programming to maximize
the “parts-per-bar” for our customers.
This expensive material is locked in
customer specific cabinets.
Quality is embedded in Axial Medical’s culture. We focus on accountability, best-practices, and continuous improvement. Producing the most complex implants on the market is not easy! To ensure these implants meet customer specifications we heavily invest in the latest metrology and measurement equipment.
Assembly & Finishing
Assembly & Finishing
To decrease cost and lead time
for our customers, nearly all
post processing is done in-house,
including: Passivation, Electropolish,
Laser marking, even Type 3 (color)
and Type 2 (Grey Hard Coat)
- 8-axis machine with 7-axis live profile milling
- High speed 5-axis mills allow single-operation machining
- Surface milling of extremely complex geometries
- Tool management and tool breakage detection allow uninterrupted processing
- Tool speeds in excess of 40,000 RPM
- Multi-axis control allows for complex manufacturing
- In-line gun drilling for cannulated products
- Multiple operations can be accomplished simultaneously
- Tool speeds in excess of 80,000 RPM
- High tolerance capabilities of +/- .0001
- FANUC Wire EDMs capable of 72-hours of unmanned production
- Accuracy capable of +/- 3.0 μm
- iPulse2 keeps discharge gap constant for highly precise corner accuracy
- Custom made Fixtures and tooling design and produced in-house specific to your implants
- Variety of equipment dedicated to PEEK manufacturing
- Computer generated analysis optimizes “part-per-bar” yields
- Dedicated PEEK specialists employ the latest deburring methods
- Ability to eliminate Human Contact on PEEK implants
- Fully validated PEEK cleaning process
- ISO 13485:2016 certified
- FDA registered
- Optical/Video Inspection capabilities
- Full Process Validations and Control Plans
- Type 2 and 3 titanium anodizing
- Laser Marking
- Nitric and Citric passivation
- Ultrasonic DI clean and rinse
- Dedicated and environmentally controlled assembly areas
MADE FOR LIFE
From prototype to production, Axial Medical can support all of your medical device manufacturing needs. A partnership with Axial will get your products into the field on time and on budget.