Our shop floor is organized into cells, which increases control and productivity. To become the best Medical Manufacturer in the country, we heavily invest in automation, increasing our capacity and decreasing costs. This leads to short lead times and better pricing.
Our Departments | The Axial Difference
Our PEEK cell is fully enclosed
and dedicated to 100% PEEK
production. We utilize high
yield programming to maximize
the “parts-per-bar” for our customers.
This expensive material is locked in
customer specific cabinets.
Quality is embedded in Axial Medical’s culture. We focus on accountability, best-practices, and continuous improvement. Producing the most complex implants on the market is not easy! To ensure these implants meet customer specifications we heavily invest in the latest metrology and measurement equipment.
Assembly & Finishing
Assembly & Finishing
To decrease cost and lead time
for our customers, nearly all
post processing is done in-house,
including: Passivation, Electropolish,
Laser marking, even Type 3 (color)
and Type 2 (Grey Hard Coat)
- 8-axis machine with 7-axis live profile milling
- High speed 5-axis mills allow single-operation machining
- Surface milling of extremely complex geometries
- Tool management and tool breakage detection allow uninterrupted processing
- Tool speeds in excess of 40,000 RPM
- Multi-axis control allows for complex manufacturing
- In-line gun drilling for cannulated products
- Multiple operations can be accomplished simultaneously
- Tool speeds in excess of 80,000 RPM
- High tolerance capabilities of +/- .0001
- FANUC Wire EDMs capable of 72-hours of unmanned production
- Accuracy capable of +/- 3.0 μm
- iPulse2 keeps discharge gap constant for highly precise corner accuracy
- Custom made Fixtures and tooling design and produced in-house specific to your implants
- Variety of equipment dedicated to PEEK manufacturing
- Computer generated analysis optimizes “part-per-bar” yields
- Dedicated PEEK specialists employ the latest deburring methods
- Ability to eliminate Human Contact on PEEK implants
- Fully validated PEEK cleaning process
MADE FOR LIFE
From prototype to production, Axial Medical can support all of your medical device manufacturing needs. A partnership with Axial will get your products into the field on time and on budget.